Album of the Month... February 2015

Eternal Misery by No Zodiac

28 Jan 2013

2012 Best Albums Overview (Part 2)

One of the best hardcore punk bands from Greece. Since 2010 they have been one of the hardest working bands releasing Noble Intentions and now this fantastic record Athens. There are a lot of melodic influences in this record mixed with some nice old school influences that sound reminiscent of Youth of Today. I love the style and the ethics of this band and I am sure they will go far. If you don't know My Turn then check them out ASAP!




I loved this band as soon as I listened to Corroding Kings and didn't think they could get any better Seven Sides soon proved me wrong. Taking a mix of hardcore genres and scrambling them all up in one they produce a sound that is quite original in itself. This band are heavy, angry and wild. I can't think of anything else you need to be honest. Great record, if you haven't listened to it, I highly recommend it.





London's finest hardcore band, signed to the notorious Rucktion Records released this record a few months ago and it blew me away. It was easily my favourite UK hardcore release of 2012. Although it took a slightly more melodic approach to the Knuckledust sound I think this is one of their top records showing the listeners what hardcore is all about. This is a fantastic record and gets better on every listen. Get on this now!





This band are so catchy and fun. Found this record instantly entertaining and a great listen. Out Crowd play a blend of old school style hardcore with a mix of punk. Some pretty sweet solos and groovy riffs. Don't sleep on this record as it is definitely up there with the best of them. Really want to see them live.






Youth crew hardcore at its very best. Mindset top this genre of hardcore easily and they are one of my favourite bands. The previous releases were amazing but Leave No Doubt left such an everlasting impression on me on what I though was a mind blowing full length. Playing some fast riffs, rapid drum rhythms and mixing this with their memorable lyrics this is a band to remember. Get into this if you haven't already and support their music.




This band are heavy as f*ck and are one of the best bands coming out of Chicago at the moment! There are some really down-tempo breakdowns that make you want to Mosh. I love the themes that are present within their tracks and can really relate to this style of music. This band create some of the heaviest music going so if you like down-tempo, metallic riffs, smashing drums and ear bleeding beatdowns then this is the record for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment